Followers

Monday 15 March 2010

Mother's Day

Well, I hope all of you Mums out there had a lovely Mother's Day, and everyone else had a lovely weekend. I thought I'd show you my two 'babies', firstly about eighteen years ago, (Megan, if you're reading my blog, look away, now!) and then a more recent, much loved photo that I have near a favourite seat of mine. I had a very lovely card from Megan that made me a bit teary, because the sentiment was so thoughtful, and a hand written letter from Ryan. Both told me how they felt about me as a Mum, and I was quite taken aback, and very moved that they wanted to let me know.
I must have done something right over the years! I am very proud of them both, and don't show them to you, but this once, I'm making an exception.
I've been playing with a newish stamp today, it's the Hero Arts Dandelion Frame Cling stamp. It's a lovely stamp, and I'm sure that I will make lots of cards with this stamp. I have stamped it a few times using different coloured inks onto patterned paper for potential cards, I also plan to stamp it onto acetate as an overlay.















 On my finished card however, I have stamped it onto a piece of card that I have sprayed with Glimmer Mists. I have mounted this onto a piece of pearlescent card, punched out some little butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch, and added an Elusive Images fairy, whose wings I have coloured with Inktense pencils. I have matted the whole thing onto a piece of patterned Artylicious paper from The 'Echoes of Italy' pack which I have stamped with a thistle stamp. This again was matted onto the pearlescent card. I have used a little bit of Stickles on the butterflies and the fairy's wings. The detail on this stamp is fantastic, if you click on one of my pictures, it will enlarge it for you, so that you can have a better look. I have really tried to get my photos in focus for you! Thanks for looking, Judith x

7 comments:

Sally H said...

Beautiful, Judith! What a coincidence. that very stamp was a gift for me on mother's day from my Megan! Looking at what you have done with it I know I'm going to love it!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous cards hun...and how sweet your babies are..even if they arent actual babies, they always will be I guess xx

craftimamma said...

You have every right to be very proud of your 'babies' Judith and there's nothing more special than them telling you how much they love you.

As for the stamp, it's really lovely. It looks beautiful stamped over those papers and equally so on the sprayed background. The card is gorgeous and I love how you've made the fairy wings so vivid so that they pop against the background. Absolutely wonderful!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Elaine G said...

Lovely to see your babes Judith and how nice to be so appreciated.

That frame stamp is gorgeous. I resistsed this stamps last week in Blade Rubber - I want it now!! Lovely card you have made and those different colour ways look great too.

Elaine xx

Aquarius said...

These are beautiful - these stamps could well be on my wish list shortly as I've not come across them yet. Thanks for sharing

veronica said...

`I resisted buying this stamp a couple of weeks ago, but having seen your gorgeous cards wish I had given in!

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh wow so lovely.Ive been looking at this stamp now I think you have just persuaded me
love debbiexxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...