Followers

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Bah Humbug Oldie but Goldie

It's time for my Bah Humbug post again this week, and I'm actually slightly quicker this week! I've managed to make my creation on Tuesday, wonders will never cease! The challenge this week was Oldie but Goldie, to use your old stash, an old stamp, or paper, etc. I fished out a lovely stamp by Stamps Happen Inc, which I've never actually managed to use on a Christmas card so far, as it always looked like too much work. I decided to stamp it onto Kraft card, so that I could try colouring with a white pencil for a change. I've seen a lot of this about lately, and it looks great. I used my Coloursoft pencils, and a few Derwent Artists pencils too, to get all of the colours that I needed. I blended everything with Zest it afterwards, and my paper stumps.
I decided to stamp around the edges of the Kraft card with another old stamp by Stempelglede, which I've had for ages. It's from the Grunge Flourish Hearts set. I bought this set before they were available in the UK, and they are just such a pretty set of stamps. I stamped the flourish using my white Adirondack paint dabber.
I then dug out an unused Christmas paper pack from Papermania, that I bought a couple of years ago, and found a page that seemed to tone in with the colours that I had used just perfectly. It even had a sentiment already on the page! I actually made this card with a bad headache, so at this point, a sentiment on the page was a blessing for me.

I have placed the snowmen picture onto acetate, which forms the front of my card, and there is a matching piece behind it, on the other side of the acetate to hide the double-sided tape. You can also write your message there.


Pop over to the Bah Humbug Blog and see what everyone else has been up to. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

11 comments:

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Judith , I love all those jolly snowmen. A great card and I love how you've used the acetate. Hugs x ChrisB

Annie said...

oh wow Judith how gorgeous is that stamp and it looks fabulous stamped on the Kraft card and then attached to acetate -so special.
A real treat for us at Bah! Humbug!
Ann xxx

veronica said...

gorgeous card Judith, love the acetate front

craftimamma said...

What a fab card Judith. I love those snowmen (new one to me)and your colouring of them is lovely. Inspired method of making your card with the acetate and you are right about the paper being a perfect compliment to your image. Altogether wonderful.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

vinny said...

I have the same stamp believe it or not and not used it much either Lol. Lovely card and colouring x Lavinia

mamapez5 said...

That's a lovely card Judith. I love the stamp but I can see what you mean about it looking a lot of work, especially in the rush up to Christmas, but perfect to use now. I've not used acetate much in cards, but it is just right for this one. Kate x

Anonymous said...

like how youve made it into an acetate card...looks fab

Aquarius said...

Brilliant card and those snowmen are great - can't believe you've not used them before but I know it happens!! Thanks for the clear explanation but what is 'zest it'

Miranda said...

Lovely card Judith, brill lay-out! Very inspiring to me....greetz, Mirandaxx

Max said...

Hi Judith ... what a fabulous stamp which is beautifully coloured and looks wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Gina said...

This is a great card Judith - so clever. It looks such a lot of work - you should be really proud of it.

Gina x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...