Followers

Monday 18 March 2013

Use some Metal


Hi folks, it's time for another challenge over at the Artistic Inspirations Challenges blog. This week, the theme is 'Use some metal'. I have chosen to make two cards this week, but using the same sketch. My first card is using a digital image called 'Emma'. This is a fabulous vintage style image, and I wanted to create a card that had a period feel to it. I chose a colour palette of soft blues, browns and greys, and coloured the image with Copics. The background paper is a free digital download.

I embossed some pearlescent card with a metallic finish through my Big Shot, and then rubbed some Inka Gold in Silver over the raised areas. I added some more Inka Gold to the edges of my card. I added a watch charm to the ribbon to finish my card.






My second card is based on the same sketch, but would be more suitable for a child's Birthday card, or for anyone who likes a bit of magic! I've used an image called 'Starr', coloured with Copics, but added some Platinum Stickles to her dress for some sparkle. I embossed the purple circle with some gold stars, and added some punched stars from gold card. The sentiment is computer generated.





Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bears, and the prize that they are offering is a shop voucher to spend in the online shop.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


10 comments:

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Bothe are beautiful Judith, but the first is my fav
lovely greet
Marja

Paula (PEP) said...

I like the way you have illustrated two very different styles using the same sketch. I particularly like your metallic embossing in the first for it really helps to accentuate the presence of metal indicated by the clock surround of the image.
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

These are both gorgeous Judith. The background paper on the first one is lovely and your use of 'metal' really enhances the image. Great interpretation of the sketch and the same with the second card. Love the cute image on that one and as always your colouring is fabulous.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Two fabulous cards my lovely. Thank you xxxx

Susan Hogan said...

Wow, both are lovely cards, Judith. Love the little girl but the one with the metal embelli is my favourite.

Ina G said...

Two so different cards but that first one is SO REGAL. Simply gorgeous. Ina.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Both gorgeous cards, I love the papers and images you have used. Hope you have a lovely weekend
Lindsay xx

Patricia said...

Judith, these are both great cards sweetie. I agree with Marja, the first is my favorite.

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

two fantastic but very different card using the same sketch...brilliant emma xx

besitos said...

Two gorgeous cards! Love how you've used the same sketch for both, but the end result is so different. Love the images and how you've used them :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...