Followers

Thursday 7 March 2013

Mosaic tile in white and blue


Hi Folks, I have a sample to show you using one of the the new big bold backgrounds recently released over at Chocolate Baroque This one is called Flora. I stamped the image using white embossing powder, and then covered the card with a blend of blue inks. I then trimmed the image slightly, before cutting it into one inch squares, and sticking it onto white card. I added a mat of dark blue card.

I stamped a flower from the Tangled Garden stamp set onto a piece of Prima Firefly paper a couple of times, using white embossing powder again. I used a die from Marianne to cut some large swirls, and added a lovely clay button that I had been hoarding in my stash. I based the colours of the project on the button, which is why it fits into the colour scheme so well.






This card may have to become a Mother's Day card, as my Dad ended up having one that I made earlier to give to my Mum. I'm sure that my Mum won't mind, and with the addition of a sentiment, this card will be winging its way in the post today. I'll be back in a few days with another sample to show you using another one of the big backgrounds. They are available as a multibuy, or as individual stamps:





Thanks for stopping by, xx


6 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love what you'v done with the background stamp Judith, and the colours you've used. The flower is beautiful and the gorgeous button fits the centre ofthe flower perfectly.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

The tiling is a splendid idea & I love the colours you used here.The Tangled Garden flower outlines being in white really makes the eye focus & take in the tiling 'grout' of the background stamp. The dark die-cut swirls are a lovely extension of your tiled image's matting. I love the way you used the button as the whole basis of your design & I'm sure your Mum will be delighted with this.
Take care
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

This is gorgeous Judith. It's photographed well but I know (having seen it irl) that it's even better in the flesh. The while embossing against the lovely shades of blue is so delicate and your precision cutting up those neat little tiles is perfect.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Gerrina said...

Beautiful card! Great idea to use the stamp this way! Greetings, Gerrina

Anonymous said...

Beatiful card Judith love the way you have made the tiles and such beautiful delicate colouring.
Suexxx

Wendy said...

oooh, this is a beautiful card! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...