Followers

Thursday 20 November 2014

Weekly Stills #3

Hello everyone, welcome back to another look at life in Norfolk  and anywhere I might have been during my weekly travels.

This week, I popped to Ely, in Cambridgeshire to a food and gift fair held in the Minster. It was extremely busy, as it is a very popular event. The stalls were full of lovely Christmas gift ideas, and lots of tasty foodie treats from all over the country. We did have to sample a few things. The atmosphere in the cathedral was really uplifting, with the Christmas lights hung about.
 I have a favourite spot along one of the corridors where there is a section of modern stained glass.

Outside there were a couple of reindeer, not something you see every day. I was concerned that they might be unhappy with the people milling about, but they were eating their food in a nice large enclosure, which was tucked away in a quiet spot for them.

I have been crafting away this week, using my pencils on lots of projects. Here are just two of my collections. My watercolour pencils, and my Polychromos pencils in the wooden box with drawers. My box is in dire need of a make over these days, as I cart it all over the country, and it is looking a bit battered.
Finally, I just wanted to show you my tote bag that I received today. It is based on a piece of original artwork painted by my friend and boss at Chocolate Baroque, Glenda Waterworth. She has finally bitten the bullet and decided to go commercial. I love the vibrant colours in this bag.
Well, I'm off to London tomorrow for my Wedding Anniversary weekend with my best friend and OH, they are one and the same person, I'm not taking two people with me, lol! So, who knows what I might have to show you next week. I hope to see you then, thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

Peanut said...

Gorgeous pics, Judith. Happy Anniversary and have a fabulous time in London.
hugs, Asha

Paula (PEP) said...

The Minster did look atmospheric & I can understand that corridor with the stained glass being a favourite of yours - I could just sit there gazing at the pattern & working out how to draw it. The reindeer did look at ease too. Your pencil collection is super to see - those aquarelles are on my wish list though I suspect my 72 Derwent watercolour pencils will have to be used first.
Have a super anniversary & enjoy your time in London.
Paula (PEP)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Judith, thanks for sharing your beautiful photos. The windows are amazing and the bag with Glenda's artwork is gorgeous. Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...