Followers

Thursday 9 July 2015

Brusho Bird

Hello everyone, I have a Design Team card for Chocolate Baroque to show you today. It is an Oriental themed card, using my favourite colours and some wisteria stamps taken from the Serenity and Wisteria Lane stamp sets.

I created my card by stamping and embossing the bird and bird cage from the A Little Bird Told Me stamp set onto smooth watercolour paper using white embossing powder. I dropped Brusho crystals over the background, choosing green and turquoise for the bird, and violet and lime green for the background. I spritzed my card with water, and blotted it with kitchen towel, to lighten the colours, and mop up the excess water.

I stamped the wisteria images using Distress markers around the edges of the card, using Peeled Paint, Seedless Preserves and Dusty Concord. I added some detail to the bird and birdcage using Copic markers.  Finally, I matted the background onto a white card base.

Thanks for stopping by, xx



3 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

What a super use of the Brushos & I particularly like the dimension you created on the birdcage with your Copic Marker shadowing. Your colour spread really helps to draw the eye as does the stamping in Distress Markers around the edges. Your white matting complements the white embossing superbly - a really lovely use of different mediums.
Paula (PEP)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning cardJudith and beautiful colours you've used too.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

I Just love your card, gorgeous colours and such pretty stamps, hugs Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...