Followers

Monday 27 July 2015

Kaleidoscope Bird

Hello everyone, I have a final project to show you this month using the Birds of Paradise multibuy stamp set from Chocolate Baroque.

I have recently taken up crocheting, and love the brightly coloured blankets with the variation of patterned motifs spreading across from one side to the other. My background uses one of the little motifs from the stamp sets, and a range of Distress Ink colours to replicate this idea. I started my background by painting a section of smooth watercolour with a wash of aquamarine acylic paint, and dried this thoroughly. I drew a grid of diamonds with pencil, and then chose my colour palette of inkpads. I stamped the little motif across the background, and once it was dry, I rubbed out the pencil lines.

I painted a smaller piece of watercolour paper in the same way, using the acrylic wash, and then coloured the Damask Panel  using Distress Markers in the same colours as I used on the background. I stamped and embossed the birdcage onto a piece of pale green vellum using gold embossing powder. My bird was stamped onto a sticky label and coloured with Polychromos pencils to match the overall colour scheme.

Finally, I have added a sentiment taken from the stamp set to complete the card. I used a dark blue Distress Marker to edge all of the pieces of watercolour paper.
 
This layout would look great in black and white, or metallics as well, to create a more masculine card. Thanks for stopping by, xx

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

This would indeed look stunning in black & white with varying shades of grey and or metallics. Using the small motif from the same stamp set to create a background makes the whole design beautifully cohesive & I particularly like your use of the colour palette which does indeed reflect the many crochet patterns for blankets or mandalas that are so popular today. The use of the vellum for the gilded bird cage upon which the bird hangs beautifully is very effective as is your placing of it along the edge of the damask panel.
Paula (PEP)

cuilliesocks said...

What a gorgeous make Judith, your colours are beautiful, your design too. I love the bakcground and the different colours you've used for it, Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...