Followers

Saturday 18 July 2015

Tropical Bird

Hello everyone, I have a project to share using the Birds of Paradise Multibuy stamps that are currently on offer this month from Chocolate Baroque. I have chosen to use a colour palette that is outside my usual comfort zone, but I really wanted to create a tropical feel to this card.

To make my background, I spritzed a piece of smooth watercolour paper with some Dylusion sprays, and then used a Crafter's Workshop stencil to add some depth. I used Distress Inks to add the shading; Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire, Mowed Lawn and Pine Needles.

I used a little flower spray from the Wisteria Lane stamp set to create some branches to hang the bird cage from. I stamped the image randomly around the top edges of the background, using Library Green Archival Ink. I stamped and embossed the birdcage using gold embossing powder, ensuring that the background was completely dry, so that the embossing powder did not stick to the rest of the background.

I stamped the bird onto the background, and then again onto a spare piece of card. I coloured the second image with Polychromos pencils and cut it out before adhering it to the background. I added a sentiment from the Card Sentiments clear stamp set. I matted the background onto a piece of dark green card to complete my project.

I hope that you will experiment with your colours as I have done when creating your projects, you never know where the journey will take you! Thanks for stopping by, xx



3 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, this is stunning Judith and I love the gorgeous greens you've used.

Sue xx

Paula (PEP) said...

The dark of the Wisteria Lane flower spray is balanced beautifully by the dark of the sentiment & I love the way the bird positively glows against the background. The way the 'gilded birdcage' hangs from a flower spray is very clever.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

That really is a stunning background Judith, I love your colour selection for stencilling, it has made for a gorgeous foil for the gold cage. That Wisteria Lane stamp works a treat too for framing. You do make such good use of the stamps I so often overlook in these sets! Really lovely work. Elaine xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...