Followers

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Vintage Poppies

Hello everyone, it's time for another post on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog, and this week, we have a free digital download for you. I have created a card using the download to provide a bit of inspiration, and hope thatyou will pop over to the blog to take a look at some more DT inspiration. We are also looking at some fabulous customer artwork that has been entered into the challenge this month. The blog is fast approaching its one year Anniversary, and we are preparing for the big event, which is not to be missed, as there will be prizes across the month. Do keep visiting the blog if you get a chance, and leave a comment if you have the time.

To create my card, I printed off Lesley's download onto some smooth white card, and trimmed it to 19cms x 19cms, and matted it onto a black card blank. I added some self-adhesive cream lace across the card. I took a piece of Prima Epiphany paper, and die cut a circle, and then stamped the poppy image from the Flora and Fauna stamp set, using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I coloured the image with Polychromos pencils, and then edged the circle with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, before attaching it to the card. I have not added a sentiment yet, because I will wait until I know what I need to use the card for before I add any wording.

I hope that you will join in the challenge, as there are still a few days left. Here is the link to the post where you can add your entry.

Thanks for stopping by, xx



4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Stunning Judith.

Sue xx

Elaine said...

Really lovely design Judith. I love the different circle die cuts, including the print one and your lovely poppy images are beautifully coloured. Elaine xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Love love it, gorgeous card, I love the design and the colouring is fabulous, Kate x

Paula (PEP) said...

Very clever use of the download for your design - it looks like the poppy image is actually of a piece with the download but for the fact that you've placed some lace between. The colouring of the poppies is super & the patterned paper you stamped onto adds lovely texture.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...