Followers

Saturday 16 February 2019

Butterfly Tag

Hello everyone, over on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog today, we are sharing our monthly Fifteen Minute blog post, a bumper feature which aims to give lots of tips and ideas for creating quick cards and projects in fifteen minutes or less. I have a project within the blog post, a tag, and am sharing it here as well.

I have made a quick tag, which could be added to a gift, used as a bookmark, or added to a card. I have used a scrap piece of background from my stash to make the tag, which was coloured with blue and purple Distress Inks, (a favourite colour combination), and water, then sprinkled with salt and left to dry.  I stamped and embossed the butterfly border from the Butterfly Perfumery stamp set over the top and coloured it with Inktense pencils and a waterbrush. I chose two sets of contrasting colours for the butterflies, both of which worked well with the background. I added a sentiment, which had been stamped onto a piece of scrap card that I had coloured with the same colours of Distress Ink. I distressed the edges and inked them with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I distressed and inked the edges of the tag, and added a complementary ribbon through a hole that I had punched at the top.



The butterfly border is straight, but on my tag, I was going for a more curvy effect, it has worked quite well. I will be back soon with more projects to share with you. Thanks for stopping by, xx


1 comment:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable tag, and love the butterfly border!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...