Followers

Saturday 9 February 2019

The Smell of Perfume in the Air

Hello everyone, I have a couple of cards to share with you showcasing the beautiful stamps featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda.

For my first card, I wanted to show how to 'colour' the perfume bottle using the background paper. Lots of perfume bottles are made of lovely coloured glass, and this was the look that I was going for. I made two pieces of background paper using drawing cartridge, sprinkling Red, Yellow and Orange Brushos on one of them, spritzing it with water, and pressing the other piece of drawing catridge on top. I set the pieces of drawing cartridge to one side to dry.

I die cut an oval, and stamped the main image from the Butterfly Perfumery stamp set , stamping it again onto a piece of spare card. I coloured these images with Koh-I-Noor pencils, choosing colours to match the Brusho background, and cut out the butterfly and flower from the spare image. I also stamped the perfume bottle area onto the second piece of the Bruso background and cut that out. I decoupaged all of the elements onto the die cut oval.

On the first background, I stamped around the edge with the silhouette swirl to create a bold border. I attached the oval to a slightly larger black oval, before adding to the Brusho background. A black mat finished the card.

To create my second card, I made a winkle free distress background on drawing cartridge, using Distress Inks and water. I chose Fossilized Amber and Shabby Shutters to colour the background. I stamped the little leafy sprigs over the top, and coloured them with Distress Markers.

I die cut a rectangle of card, and stamped the main image from the Floral Perfumery stamp set, and stamped the image again onto spare card. I coloured the images with Distress Inks and a water brush. I cut the flowers from the spare image, and decoupaged them onto the main image. I added a sentiment, and a hand drawn border with a fineliner pen to finish.

These images are suitable for so many occasions, and so I have deliberately left them either without a sentiment, or fairly generic. They would make great Birthday cards, Get Well, or beautiful Mother's Day cards, what do you think?

I will be back later in the month with more projects to share, thanks for stopping by, xx




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...