Followers

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Masculine Birthday Card

Hello everyone, I have needed to make a couple of masculine Birthday cards lately, and thought that this great image from France's Kevin and so was just ideal. It reminded me of someone sat in front of the TV in their comfy armchair wearing their favourite slippers.

I created a wrinkle free distress background using shades of blue, yellow and green Distress Ink first of all. I stamped the image using dark brown Archival ink onto a smaller piece of card, edging the background with Fossilized Amber Distress Ink, to take away the whiteness of the card. I coloured the image with Inktense pencils and a waterbrush, adding shading with darker colours afterwards, for more depth. A lttle bit of grey pencil around the chair legs and the foot helps to ground the image.

I added a sentiment using the brown ink as before, straight onto the background. I edged both pieces of card with blue ink before constructing the card.

This is such a fab, quirky image, my Father-in-Law laughed out loud when he opened his card! Thanks for stopping by, xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...