Followers

Friday 3 February 2012

Forgotten Friday 47- It's a cover up!


Hi folks, it's Friday again, and I've been rummaging through my neglected stash again! This week, I've had a purpose, as I need to make a set of covers to hold some tags. I am taking part in a year long tag swap on the Chocolate Baroque Guild. I got involved in the swaps last year, but had to drop out due to other commitments, and just general stuff that happens. The theme this year is the Alphabet, so each month, we make two, or three tags, based on letters of the alphabet. Here are mine for January:
A is for Art, Arch and Aubergine! I used a gorgeous purple Moonglow embossing powder, but you can't really see it in the photograph. I added acrylic pieces, and used some texture stamps in the corners.
B is for Blue, Brown and Bird! It's a one layer card, simply shaded with Distress Inks after I embossed the design in white embossing powder, and I picked a few details out in pencil. I couldn't resist adding  couple of flowers though.

These are the tags that I have received back from Val and Kirsten:

Aren't they fabulous? We will have a real eclectic mix by the end of the year, hopefully with artwork from nearly everybody. There are 30 of us taking part, so it is a really great mixed bunch.

So, I have started to make my covers. I decided to use a very neglected set of stamps to add some background detail to my front cover. Sadly, these are no longer for sale, but they are so useful. They belong to a big A4 sheet that was for ATCs, and was available from Graphicus.

I coloured my tag shape with Distress Inks, and stamped two alphabet sets with the same colours onto the tags. I was naughty, because I used a brand new mask on here, it just slipped in somehow ;) but it's such a brilliant one, and I'm going to use this one a lot. I then stamped 'Art for Art's sake' from the same ATC stamp set using Versafine onto the tag. I chose to use a lovely tree stamp from the 'Woodland Dreams' stamp set available from Chocolate Baroque to complete this cover. I don't use this set, so I feel that it qualifies today as a neglected item. I have so many stamps, I like the set, but it is slipping into a state of being forgotten.
I will show you the completed cover once I have finished it, the back one too, as I know what I want to do. I am quite busy with DT commitments at the moment, so I need to put it to one side for now.

Have a look through your stash and see if you can find something neglected, and make something with it. Add a comment to my post, and I'll pop along to your blog to take a look. Thanks for stopping by, xx







9 comments:

craftimamma said...

Hi Judith, Isn't the art work in the main tag album fabulous? I'm so hoping I manage to take part every month so I get a full alphabet back. Your tags are fabulous and I'm not surprised you're pleased with the lovely ones you got back. I got Val's A and Rebecca's B so already a nice mix of styles. I like what you're doing with your front cover. I haven't given mine a thought yet but I have to say both my tags could qualify for your Forgotten Friday challenge as I've used very neglected stamps on both.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

Great tags and the cover is looking good too and look forward to seeing the back one as well. I'd not thought of a cover so thanks for the idea. Those ATC stamps were good too and I have them (used one on my A tag).

Elaine said...

Great tags Judith. I like the way you have three letters in each design, very clever. Smashing cover in progress too!

Elaine xxx

scrappymo! said...

pretty tags that you made!

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This are adorable Tags Judith. Beautiful layout and cover.
Lovely greet and nice weekend
Marja

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the 'triptcyh' element of your tag designs & the idea of a cover. I like that ATC set as it has such a variety of useful elements to it. Having seen these two tags of yours I might be braver & include a little more dimension next time. I too am finding this very exciting & it's certainly stretching me. I've not quite got into the mode of thinking along the 'forgotten' lines but shall try to do so.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

Love your tags Judith and your cover, looks like a great stencil. The tags album has some great tags in it doesn't it ,must have taken ages for Margaret to do.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Judith last comment should have said Suexxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your tags Judith, and the ones that you've received as well (I saw Vals on her blog and admired it at the time). What a great idea to make a cover for them. I've never made tags before but have so liked what some people are making out there in blogland, I've invested in the Tim Holtz die (it arrived this morning) So watch this space who knows what will happen. Here is my contribution this week.

Sue x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...