Followers

Saturday 18 February 2012

Keeping busy

Hi folks, another scheduled post from me today. I'm finally off to the Hospital to be seen about having my tooth out. I had an infection flare up in my gum back in October, and it was recommended that my tooth should be taken out. It's only now that I'm having my consultation appointment! It's complicated, and needs to come out under a general anaesthetic, as the roots of my tooth are near my sinus cavity, and could be awkward to extract. I'd rather not be awake for the whole process anyway!

I made a card for my niece's 16th Birthday, using Distress Stains for the background again, I love using these at the moment. I've used stamps from indigoblu
to complete the card. The colours of the butterfly are not supposed to be realistic in any way, I just wanted them to match my background.

  

Here's another card sample from the latest Create and Craft TV show featuring the IndigoBlu stamps as well.


This features a spritzed background using Distress reinkers and water. I've coloured the poppies with Polychromos pencils, and then used Flitterglu and gilding flakes for the sentiment, and the border along the bottom.

The weather forecasters say that we are in for some cold weather this weekend, a good excuse to stay inside, wrap up warm, and get some crafting done, methinks. Anyway, have a good weekend, and thanks for stopping by, xx

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

I just love the Indigo Blue stamps you've used here and the cards are gorgeous - stamps on wishlist!! Hope you get your tooth sorted out quickly and painlessley.

craftimamma said...

Hi Buddy, I'm thinking about you today ((((big hug)))). Love both these cards especially as they both have my sort of imagery on them but on top of that those backgrounds are both stunning! Fabulous techniques on both of them and I love your pencil colouring on the poppies.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

I love both of these Judith they are fabulous. I am liking the stains as well at the moment and getting some lovely backgrounds. Hope they sort you tooth out soon for you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Judith forgot to put my name on previous post. Suexxx

veronica said...

love your samples Judith - am sure your niece was delighted with her card. My personal favourite is the poppy one,just gorgeous, but then am a sucker for poppies anyway!

Paula (PEP) said...

The first is my favourite with those gorgeous butterflies & I love your antennae. The colours are lovely with the Distsress Stains & I really love the way you blended those butterfly wings.
The Poppies have such a gorgeous background & I love the way you gilded the foreground - very effective indeed.
Shall be thinking of you next weekend - you'll be much much better without a tooth that creates that kind of trouble.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...