Hi folks, I've posted a project over on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog today, using the new Artistic Expressions stamps. This set is a personal favourite of mine. It is just so useful.
I had this project in mind as soon as I saw the stamps, but saved it as my last project to make. I started out with a piece of Kraft card, and covered it with book pages from an old French book, using Mod Podge matt. I didn't glue an oval area in the middle though. When the glue was dry, I tore the area that wasn't stuck down away, leaving rough edges. I then coloured the pages with Antique Linen Distress Ink, and Lulu Lavender, and Sweet Plum Memento inkpads.
I used a Crafter's Workshop template, and dry brushed some cream acrylic paint through the holes, and then dry brushed some more paint around the edges of the whole piece. I stamped and embossed the word and large swirl, using Plum Archival ink and clear embossing powder.
I stamped the flower from the 'Breath of Spring' stamp plate into the centre of the piece, and coloured it with Polychromos pencils. I then used Scattered Straw Distress Ink, to colour the edges of the area of Kraft card left showing. I stamped two bees onto white card, coloured them in, and stuck them to Clearly for Art, after cutting them out. This meant that I could mould them into the shape that I wanted.
I hope that you have been popping over to the Design Team blog this week to see what my team mates have been up to, as they have made some stunning projects. Thanks for stopping by, xx