Followers

Sunday 12 September 2010

Catching up

Well, it's the day after my Daughter's 21st Birthday party, phew! It all went very well, and Megan really enjoyed herself. She had a joint party with Michaela, whose Birthday was yesterday. Michaela's Mum died of cancer last year, regular follower's of my Blog will remember me mentioning this. Michaela and her brother grew up with my two children, and I knew their Mum at school, it was very sad. The two children are a credit to their Mum, and last night was very bittersweet, as we missed her very much.
Megan has whizzed back to her Uni digs, but is coming home again for her actual birthday later this week, bringing her dirty washing, no doubt! I haven't made her card yet, so that is an urgent project for this week.
I do have a couple of bits to show you today however; one is my Mum's card that I made last week, using some lovely papers available from Graphicus  I used a couple of tags and an Elusive Images stamp, also available from Graphicus from the Damask Squares stamp plate. I used it as a resist, by stamping with Versamark Ink, and clear embossing powder, then going over the tags with Distress Inks, leaving the embossed area cream. This echoes the real cream lace that I used on the card. I also used a lovely sentiment, also an Elusive Images stamp on the smaller tag. A flower made by cutting some of the paper with a Nestability shape, and scrunching it up, completes the card.
I love these papers, because they will take inks too, I have inked the edge of the backing paper with Dusty Concord. This particular paper was taken from the Simple Elegance pack, but the Echoes of Italy pack is my favourite with the marble effect papers.
I am working on a mirror for Megan at the moment, that I started at the Graphicus Retreat. I just need to add a couple of embellishments. I am thinking of making a couple of faux porcelain flowers, as they are reasonably quick, and add a wow factor. The mirror was gessoed, painted, sanded, and then I stamped the words and images in Versafine and Distress Inks. I chose uplifting and supportive comments for Megan to remind her that we love her, and to cheer her up while she is away from home.
I also made and completed a necklace at the Retreat using a Tim Holtz ornate frame, pearls, buttons and crystals. I would make more of these, as I love the vintage feel to this. I showed this on my previous post, but if you're not a WOYWWer, you may not have seen it.I have one or two more projects that I've almost finished, so hopefully, I can get them completed this week.
I would also like to tell you that there is a Blog Hop coming up on the Elusive Images Blog, starting tomorrow, with prizes! It is possible that I may also be having blog candy on my own blog in connection with the blog hop, so stay tuned either here, or at the Elusive Images Blog you will need to check out all of the Design Team members blogs to find the candy, not everyone has some ;)
I hope you've had a good weekend, and that the week ahead is not too stressful for you. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the mirror and nacklace Judith. Can't wait to see the mirror completely finished with the faux poreclain flowers.

Love

Jill
x

craftimamma said...

I'm glad the party went so well for you all and that Megan and her friend had a night to remember (albeit bitter sweet).

Love your Mum's card. The resist 'lace' to echo the real lace is a perfect touch.

The mirror is gorgeous and I know 'cos I've seen it IRL at the Retreat! Faux porcelain flowers sounds like the perfect finishing touch to me. Wasn't the Retreat fantastic!

Looking forward to seeing the other finished projects soon.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

ikki said...

This is just lovely, can see why you would want to make more, and more, and more. Your mirror is also fab and will look even better with the embellishments you plan to add. ikki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...