Followers

Wednesday 8 September 2010

WOYWW and Post Number 100!

Hi folks as the post title says, this is my one hundredth post! Ta dah!!! I feel like I should have Balloons and fanfares, but TBH, I am rather tired after lots of travelling and a hectic time of late. I've just some back from a fabulous weekend at the Graphicus Retreat in Darlington, which also happens to be the town where my parents live, so I went to stay with them for a couple of nights too. I'll chat about the Retreat another time, when I've got a few finished items to blog, if that's okay.
If you don't know what WOYWW is all about, then visit Julia to find out.
On my desk today is my new all singing, all dancing computer, that my OH bought me as an early Birthday/Christmas present. My old computer used to shut down on me at least once a day, as it was just so old and past it, so I really need a new one. I just need to load a couple of programmes onto this one, and then I'll be away again. I also have some new rubbah to cut out, some lovely new stamps from Elusive Images and there are a couple of unfinished projects from the Retreat sitting waiting to be finished. There is a shabby chic mirror, that was gessoed, painted, and sanded, then stamped with some gorgeous word stamps. I just need to put some embellishments on there to finish it off, then my Daughter can have it for her room. There is also a hanging made with Crafty Individuals products, on a Christmas theme. I just need to stick the last few bits on that, and it will be finished. One piece that I did finish was a vintage style necklace, made with a Tim Holtz frame, and buttons, pearls and crystals.
This was great fun to make, and right up my street. I would definitely make more of these! I think that they would make great embellishments for the front of journals, or on canvases too. Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed visiting my desk today, and if I get time, hopefully, I'll get to yours over the next few days as well. Judith xx

27 comments:

Annie said...

That neclace is really pretty.
A x

Leanne said...

Oooh your necklace is stunning!! Love it!!

'See' you next week!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Mandy said...

beautiful necklace! congrats on your 100th post too! love you cat wallpaper, so cute :)

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing - that necklace is lovely - I would have enjoyed making that - and most likely all the other things you lucky folks did on the retreat. Look forward to seeing the rest soon. One of my cats used to sleep in the wash basin too!!

Claire said...

oooh pretty necklace, thanks for sharing
C
xx

Twiglet said...

Lovely necklace and yes would look fine on journals etc!

peggy gatto said...

what fun to have a fresh new computer!!!
Enjoy!

Helen said...

Lovely necklace, and a new computer, lucky you!

Unknown said...

Love the necklace, Judith. I zoomed in to try and a sneeky peak of any new stamps, but you covered them!!

Looking forward to seeing more of your Retreat projects.

Love

Jill
x

Phree said...

Fab necklace, and as you say it could be used for so many other projects.

MadeByKarla said...

WoW! love that necklace! Nice wallpaper on your computer too. That kitty looks comfortable :)

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Lots of new things this week and your Necklace is gorgeous.

A.xx

lisa said...

Congrats on your 100th post, Judith.
Those new EI stamps look gorgeous and your TH inspired necklace is amazing.
Love the cat on your computer too!!
Hugs Lisax

Lynne K said...

Congratulations on your 100th post, Judith! Looks like you had a wonderful time at the Retreat. Your necklace is absolutely beautiful. xx

Ineke Original said...

Congratulations!
greetings from Holland,
Ineke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congrats on your new computer. I bet you are thrilled with it. I love that necklace, too. It didn't even look like a TH thing. Sorry I'm late getting here. Happy belated WOYWW.

Sarpreet said...

lucky you, I am a bit late this week, fab workspace, Happy WOYWW, Thank you for showing us your workspace.

Chrissie said...

Love the wallpaper on your new computer!Your desk looks SO organised. Enjoy your new stamps.
Chrissie

Ciara said...

Gorgeous necklace. Congratulations on your 100th post! I only just started my blog last week, so I'm in awe!!

Thanks for sharing

Ciara
xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful desk with lots of new stuff to drool over. Computer wallpaper is really cute! Love the projects you made too.

Hugs
Brenda

Elaine said...

Congratulations on your 100th posy Judith. Your desk looks very tidy - enjoy your new computer. Love your necklace - I can just imagine how much you enjoyed making that.

Elaine xx

JoZart Designs said...

Lucky you going on the retreat. Lovely late interesting snoop with great stuff to spy on. Thanks from JoZarty x

Julia Dunnit said...

'Some' new rubbah - loads you mean! How lovely! Your retreat projects look fab, like the wordy mirror - and congrats on your 100th post. Must be fun if you've done 100!

Nikki said...

That is one pretty Necklace and congrats on your 100th post
hugs Nikki

Nikki said...

That is one pretty Necklace and congrats on your 100th post
hugs Nikki

WW said...

What a gorgeous necklace

Becky said...

Thanks for the close up of the necklace, the other picture didn't do it justice... and love the pic on your computer...lol! Balloons and confetti are falling all over your desk st this very moment to celebrate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...