Followers

Saturday 18 September 2010

Class at LB Crafts

Hi folks, today I've been spending the day at LB Crafts attending a class run by Linda Brown. We made a fabulous canvas using metal, alcohol inks, die cuts and messed about with paint. I was really pleased to see Chris from the Stamp Hut there as I know her, and had thought that I wouldn't know anyone at the class today. We sat together, and Chris helped me with some tips on metal working, which were greatly appreciated, as I have very little experience in that medium.
After a bit of a natter, we got started, and Linda demoed applying the paint to the canvas, and got us to choose our paint colours. All was going well, until I managed to spill the water pot over my canvas, my lap, and into my bag, (soggy sandwich!), but the heat gun sorted my canvas out, and my sandwich was fairly robust! I learnt how to remove colour from metal using alcohol inks today, see, I told you I hadn't used metal much, and loved the effect. We used material stuck to card to create leaves and flowers, and embossed our metal pieces using Sizzix folders and TSS tools.
Everyone's canvases looked different, as we all chose different colours. A couple of the girls chose purple hues, and they were stunning. One girl made a black and white piece, it was really lovely. Here is my attempt:
It was a lovely relaxed class, we didn't feel rushed, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Thanks Linda! I'll be back again soon no doubt, but thank you for popping by, and any comments are really appreciated, Judith xx 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a good class - and the end product is fab.

Miranda said...

Hi Judith, how nice to have such a creative relaxing day! The colours are bright and lovely. Like this art-work and would like to work on canvas also. I have all the equipment, now I need more time......greetz Miranda

Lynne K said...

Lucky you, getting to one of Lin's classes! And what a gorgeous project! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. xx

Aquarius said...

This looks great and it sounds as if you had a good time despite having soggy lap, bag and sandwich!!

veronica said...

looks like you had a great time when you dried out! like the effect of walking down a street

themessycraftroom said...

Sounds like you had a great day. You've made a lovely project I love the blue you chose. x ChrisB

Unknown said...

Love the way you've used the 'metal' brackets to hang the birdcage from. Think I need that die too!!

Love the canvas. What size is it? It looks really long, or is it an optical illusion?

Love

JIll
x

craftimamma said...

Hi Buddy, I envied you the class before I saw your fab project. Now I'm positively green!!! It's gorgeous. Glad you had such a good time but I knew you would.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...