Followers

Wednesday 26 January 2011

Bah Humbug Crackers

The challenge over at the Bah Humbug Blog this week, is Crackers. I was a bit stumped at first, but I googled cracker templates. I downloaded a template that I liked, and decided to make a cracker and matching Christmas card.
I decided to go for a Kraft and red colour scheme, which was a nice warm blend of colours, and threw a little bit of green in there too. I stamped a swirly Elusive Images background onto brown wrapping paper for the cracker itself, and thicker Kraft card for my actual card. I made a couple of Poinsettias from sticky backed canvas mounted onto Grungepaper, after I had sprayed it with Adirondack colour wash sprays. I fixed the layers together with large brads, curling them a little bit. I used an Elusive Images sentiment for my card, and cut out a piece of cream card, using an oval Nestability. To get a fine mount for this, I drew around the same Nestability onto my red card, and cut this out by hand. I use the small curvy parchment scissors, which are great for cutting curves.
I really like the way the cracker turned out, so I may make some more of these for the Christmas meal, I just need to collect some useless cracker jokes, and the bits to go inside them, between now and December, and I'll be fine!
Thanks for stopping by today, any comments you care to make are really appreciated, Judith xx

8 comments:

veronica said...

lovely idea Judith, love the colour scheme and your poinsettias - why did I not think of google?

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

craftimamma said...

Wow, these are lovely Judith. Love the warm colours and making the cracker was a great idea.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

What a great idea to make an actual cracker - plenty of time to go into serious production before the end of the year!! I like the colour scheme too.

Gina said...

Lovely cracker Judith. Great idea.
Gina x

Jo said...

You are a great source of advice, tips and inspiration, Judith. Very interested in your cracker. I made some a couple of years ago and they were rubbish. I vowed never to bother again but your results have made me rethink. Maybe you could put on a cracker class and I'll come and bring along some bad jokes!

Annie said...

Totally gorgeous Judith - you really are inspirational.
Love love love your work.
Thanks for sharing with us again and hope you'll check out our new challenge which starts tomorrow. It's a really easy one this time - promise.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Max said...

Hi Judith,
Am rather belatedly catching up with commenting following surgery so forgive me. What a pretty duo you have made for our cracker challenge. Your Christmas table 2011 will look stunning when you have it all laid up with your beautiful crackers taking pride of place. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...