Followers

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Masterboard makes

On last week's WOYWW post, I showed a masterboard that I had made with my card making class, and promised that I would post the finished samples. Now normally my class samples don't get finished, as I make them in a hurry, I have to be one step ahead of the girls, and they are rushed affairs, not necessarily my best work. I needed to finish the second sample for this week, so that they could see what to do, so I figured that I might as well finish the first one while I was at it. I got all of the patterned sections of card from one piece of A3 card, with a small section left over, for these two cards. The first card is based on Linda Elbourne's projects in the February Craft Stamper, making a pocket to put a packet of seeds in, or something of a similar size.

The second card is using the rest of the masterboard, and Vix Kennedy's design on page 83 of the same magazine, to make an easel card with a Post-it note block as the stopper for the card. On both cards, I have used large black beads to embellish my Wendy Vecchi butterflies, Paper Artsy stamps, and a mixture of Distress Inks and Memento Inks. I used a little bit of shrink plastic for the sentiment.
I really enjoyed working with these colours, they feel like Spring is just around the corner. It's too cold for that here at the moment, but we can live in hope. Thanks for popping by, Judith xx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

lisa said...

These are stunning, Judith. I love the colours and your stamping is amazing. Your ladies must learn some incredible things from you.
The tags in your last post are just beautiful too.
Hugs Lisax

Anne said...

What gorgeous colours Judith!

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Judith, some very stunning stamping and beautiful colours and stamps. Love them. Hugs x ChrisB

veronica said...

love the colours, like the easel card best

Jo said...

The colours you have used are really nice for this time of the year. A nod to spring, feeling cool but bright. Very sophisticated results.

craftimamma said...

Wow Judith, these are gorgeous. Your class are so lucky. I love the colours and the stamps you have used and both are such useful ideas.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Aquarius said...

I really must try the masterboard idea - something I've read about but never got around to doing. Lovely fresh colours here to brighten the dull winter days.

vinny said...

Beautiful colours. You are good, I look at things and think I`ll have a go but it takes me ages to get round to it. x Lavinia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...