Followers

Wednesday 19 January 2011

WOYWW 85

Hi folks, it's Wednesday again, and time for a nosey around Blogland to see what's on everyone's desks. If you're wondering what I'm on about, then head over to Julia's place to check it out. I'm sorry that I didn't make it to many desks this week, but I was busy creating things, and had to keep my head down somewhat. Say no more. I've finished what I needed to make, and my time is a little bit easier this week. I've been working as an invigilator too. My Mother-in-law thinks I'm a vigilante, as she can't say invigilator. It's quite a mental picture, to imagine walking around the exam room with a lassoo and a cowboy hat, keeping the teenagers in order!
Anyway, onto what's on my desk this week. I've been working on a masterboard based on the project in this month's Craft Stamper by Linda Elbourne with my card class. We've made a piece of A3, so that hopefully we can make a couple of projects. The class made some lovely sheets last week, and this week, I'll get them to make some cards with them. I didn't have the exact set that Linda used, but liked them so much, that I ordered them, and they've arrived. So, I'm going to have a play with them, time permitting, and make another colour way up. I also got a set of the Hot Picks words, as I really like those. Once I've made my samples, I'll blog them, promise! 
Sorry for the quality of the second photo, but I took them last night, so that I could post nice and early this morning before I took off for the day. Also on my desk is a lovely book from Paperchase, covered in black felt, with an embroidered butterfly on the front. This is my ideas book. It is very tactile, and I love it. I have a bit of a felt thing going on at the moment, I bought a kit just before Christmas, and want to have a go at making felt from scratch. I'm even thinking of going on a course, because I really love the stuff! My Daughter thinks I'm mad, (I probably am). There are also two little chipboard trees beside my craft mat, I have a lovely project in mind for these, and want to get on with that this week. I also have my Bah Humbug card to make, hence the little pile of bits to the left.
Just by my computer is a set of Elusive Images stamps, 'Weekend in Venice', I am offering these to anyone who doesn't have them, and would like them. No strings attached. Just leave a comment on the relevant post, dated Friday 21st January, and I'll put you in the random generator thingy. You DO NOT need to be a follower, or jump through hoops.
I hope you're all having a great day, thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

17 comments:

Helen said...

I love thos paperartsy word stamps too - I need to get them ordered, lol! Have a good WOYWW.

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing your desk with us this week - it is always nice to see what other folks are doing. You will enjoy felt making I'm sure. I've done it by the wet method and also done needle felting which is less messy and I like both ways.

She Uses Her Words said...

I love your masterboard! Very pretty. I haven't done that yet but it's on my list to try one day. Thanks for sharing!
Karen

Karen said...

One of my fav magazines, Craft Stamper as well :)
Thanks for sharing your creative desk and have a great WOYWW :)
Karen #62

Wiccababe said...

hmmm, haven't seen those word stamps before, must go and find them
have a great day
Debbi #39

SueH said...

I love the colours of your masterboard project Judith and the flower stamp is stunning.

Sue
x

craftimamma said...

Aaargh, I need those new stamps! Your masterboard is lovely Judith. Wish I lived nearer so I could come to your classes. Mind you, I've told you that before Buddy haven't I, Lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Love the things you have created. I am sure your classes are truly inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Love the masterboard and the new stamps too.

Hugs
Brenda 100

katemade designs said...

Hate to admit it but I had to look up invigilator because that's not a word in common use here. I like the mental image you paint with your MILs interpretation.

themessycraftroom said...

Love your masterboard Judith that flower stamp is gorgeous. Like the colours you've used. Hugs x ChrisB

Marjo said...

Super creative workspace, love the stamps.

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy WOYWW, hugs Marjo #10

Tertia said...

Beautiful projects that you have created. I am a teacher and invigilation is my worst part of the job. I just hate it. Now I will smile every time I have to do it just thinking what I could do if I was a vigilante.
Tertia 110

Zue said...

I like your master board...you get lots of great tips from Craft Stamper.
Sue xx 67

BrossArtAddiction said...

Wonderful new goodies you have and gorgeous workspace!

Thanks for the peek! :D

♥Tracey♥...ƸӜƷ

okienurse said...

Nice neat desk and awesome bunch of new goodies to play with. Thanks for sharing.

Nicky said...

Lovely look into your desk - never thought about how felt is made - so I think you should go on a course and share it with us ~ Nicky 24

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...