Followers

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Bah Humbug challenge my first entry!

I decided to enter the Bah Humbug challenge this week, and am getting in pretty much by the skin of my teeth. I have had trouble with headaches which has made crafting really difficult, but no matter, my card is together now. The theme this week was Holly or Fairies, or you could use both. I chose to use a digital image by Mo Manning called Holly Fairy, which is just perfect for this challenge. I used some lovely backing paper from Sei, from their Winter Song range, that I have been cherishing for a long time, and that formed the basis for my colour scheme. It is a lovely soft turquoise colour. Some of the other papers in the range have a deep red in them, so I decided to choose a deep red Bazzil card as my mount.
I have used Diamond Stickles to edge a lot of my layers, to add a bit of Christmas bling, you always have lots of glitter at Christmas, don't you? I have used a Whiff of Joy die to cut out my Holly leaves, and a Crealie die to cut out my lovely flowers from the remaining Bazzil card. I wet this before I curled the flower points to add dimension to the flowers.
The sentiment comes from Elusive Images, and the brads are from Hobby House. I saved a biscuit tin left over from Christmas, as per the tip on the Bah Humbug blog last week, so this card will be the first to go in there ready to send out at Christmas. It feels really good to say that I've started to make my Christmas cards for this year!!! Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

Well done for joining in this challenge - if you do each week as I managed last year you will have a good selection of cards to send out. Love the way you have interpreted the theme.

Gina said...

That's a lovely card Judith and those flowers are gorgeous. I missed out on those crealie dies I'm sure you'll find lots of uses for them. I like your choice of colours. Great.

Annie said...

Judith this is gorgeous. That backing paper is so 'strokable' - well done you for using it. It certainly looks brilliant. I love what you've done with the edge of the holly leaves and the flowers too. Learnt quite a bit while visiting your blog thank you.
Thanks also for joining our first challenge of the New Year at Bah! Humbug! Hope we'll see you again soon.
Good Luck in the draw.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Judith love the card. That backing paper is lovely. Adore the flowers you have made. Hugs x ChrisB

craftimamma said...

Hi Buddy, well your headaches don't show on your card, Lol! Seriously, well done you, this is one awesome card and the colours are just scrummy. You chose the perfect image and the Crealie flowers look great.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Unknown said...

oh I so want that wee Fairy she's just lovely! Beautiful card Judith and I hope the headaches are leaving you in peace
Hugs Suzee x

Max said...

Hi Judith. So pleased that you decided to join in with our Bah! Humbug! challenges this year. Your first card is just beautiful. The sheen on the background paper is gorgeous even in your photo so can only imagine how good it looks in real life. This cute holly fairy hac been very popular but no wonder as she's adorable. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck with the prize draw.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...