Followers

Wednesday 19 January 2011

Bah Humbug Stencils

The Challenge on Bah Humbug this week is to use stencils on your Christmas cards, either as a background, or main feature. I have chosen to use this lovely Dreamweaver stencil of winter trees as a background for an Elusive Images reindeer. I have chosen an Artylicious Christmas paper in Green with a lovely swirly snowflake pattern all over.
I inked through the stencil with Distress Inks, and then took a  clear Stardust pen down the left hand side of each trunk and branch to represent frost. It's hard to see in the photo, but it's very shimmery.


I've used one of my favourite Elusive Images sentiments to complete the card. I added a little bit of purple, (my favourite colour) in there for good measure, as the snowflakes on the backing paper are actually purple. It was refreshing to work with an unusual colour palette for a Christmas card.
Pop over to the Bah Humbug blog to see what everyone else has been getting up to. Thanks for popping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

themessycraftroom said...

Hi Judith, beautiful card love how you've used the tree stencil and that reindeer and bp are lovely.Hugs xChrisB

Anonymous said...

oh how beautiful love the mix of stencilled trees with that glorious paper...all works perfectly together.

Gina said...

This is a lovely card Judith. I'm playing along at Bah! Humbug! too, but since I'm not very creative I'm finding it hard. Your cards are great inspiration.
Gina x

Annie said...

Hi Judith - I have this stencil and I love it but I never thought of using it in this way. The deer infront looks absolutely amazing.
You have just completely blown me away with this design. I've stared at it for ages taking in all the seperate parts - just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Bah! Humbug! - it's a real treat.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Aquarius said...

What a lovely card - you've used that stencil very effectively and the colours are so good too.

Lynne K said...

What a beautiful card, Judith! The stencilled trees and the reindeer are made for each other. It would make a lovely winter birthday card as well as a Christmas card. xx

Miranda said...

Beautiful card Judith and what a great stencil! Don't believe they sell this brand here. greetz, Miranda

ikki said...

This is just lovely, you have combined all the elements soooo skilfully. Hope you are well and keeping busy! ikki x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...