Followers

Wednesday 26 January 2011

WOYWW 86

Hi folks, it's Wednesday again, and that means it's time for another look at what's going on around Blogland on everyone's desks, and crafting spaces. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then hop over to Julia's place to find out.
On my desk this week, as per usual, is the project for the Bah Humbug Blog challenge. The week just goes too quickly for me, and I am always trying to finish it on a Wednesday in time for the Thursday deadline. This week, the challenge is Crackers. I am making a card and matching cracker. I'm almost finished, but could do with some rubbish cracker jokes please. I like the design that I came up with for the cracker, and think that I will make my own for Christmas. I made some poinsettias with sticky backed canvas on Grungepaper, using a Nestability die, and sprayed them with Adirondack colour wash ala Tim Holtz, they are very pretty. I've made the cracker from Kraft paper, with a lovely scrolly stamp from Elusive Images, as the background stamp, and I'm going to use big red bows at each end.
I posted my Masterboard makes as promised in my previous post, using the Masterboard that was on my desk last week.




Yesterday, I finally put my two Printer's trays on the wall, which I am very happy about.
I have been waiting for ages to put these up. One is very soft and romantic in its theme, and the other is metallic and is very strong in its colour theme. I bought both from LB Crafts, the top one was made in a class with Linda Brown, and they both started life as dark brown trays.


I have shown you my filing cabinet drawers of wooden stamps in the past; I have five. I have decided that they are not earning their keep, and I am going to put most of them on Ebay to sell. I do have a few that I will keep, but a lot have not seen the light of day for a couple of years. I haven't sold items on Ebay before, so am looking for advice really. Would I be better putting them into group lots, with minimum prices? Should I sort them into categories, for example Penny Black, Hero Arts, or what do you think? Let me know your thoughts, or how you have sold your items in the past. Right, I'm off foer a nosey around other peoples' spaces now, happy Wednesday! Judith xx

12 comments:

Theresa Plas said...

Hi Judith! Good luck with your challenge - "crackers" would be a hard one for me.
The printer trays - oooooH - beautimous!
Stamps on ebay - I'd probably sell them in lots because it's a lot less posting and picture taking and uploading etc...Looks like you have TONS:) Best of luck!

Aquarius said...

Thanks for yet another insight into your crafting space - those printer trays are wonderful and it would be difficult to choose a favourite. Sorry I can't help with selling E-bay as it something I've never done (I have tons of stamps too).

Karen said...

Looks like a very creative desk and I love those embellished printer trays, they are really gorgeous :)
Not much help here either i'm afraid with Ebay, sorry!
Karen #84

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous printer trays ;)
Love to have a rummage in the stamp drawer....sorry can't be any help with ebay
xoxo Sioux

Glenda said...

what wonderful trays! Love your area for creating!

SuzeJo Murphy said...

the top tray has my name on it :o) tis ooh just stunning xx

lisa said...

Your cracker sounds great. I wonder how many of us plan to make our own for Christmas and then never get round to it, I know I'm guilty!!
Those trays are stunning and they look fantastic on the wall. You must be very proud of them.
Wow all those stamps, you could open a shop in your own right. Good luck with e-bay!!
Hugs Lisax

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Good luck with the crackers!

Love all those stamps.

Happy WOYWW
Sam # 26
www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com

okienurse said...

Love the trays and your crafting area. I tried to sell on ebay and didn't even get half back on what I had. I have been taking mine off blocks and just putting them on the ezmount. Easier to store and they won't go bad. Eventually I use them all. Good luck Vickie 359

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Those trays are a lovely decoration on your walls. As far as EBay is concerned, I would think about putting them up for bids with the option of a Buy It Now price, which can save time and trouble. Do not forget to weigh them and check the postage costs for each and every group, making sure you are taking into account the size as well as weight. Good luck with your selling.

Marjo said...

Busy, busy workspace. Happy selling. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #7

mamapez5 said...

Hi Judith. love your trays, especially the pastel one.
As for ebay, I have never sold but my boys do all the time. I do buy though and usually I am looking for something specific so search for 'rubber stamps, butterfly' for example, rather than by company name.

Personally I would hang on to them. Like oakienurse above said, I put all mine on EZmount and keep them in big files on a shelf, one file for each category, so it is easy to find what I want -sort of anyway! Kate x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...